Where do I work?
News UK – TNL Marketing
Who’s my manager?
Head of Branded Partnerships
Who reports to me?
Brand Partnerships Exec
What’s my personal contribution?
To manage the partnerships strategy that generates opportunities for brand visibility, subscriptions growth, copy sales growth or branded ventures. Rationalising the portfolio of partners to focus on those with close brand and strategic alignment.
What are my Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- To manage the Brand Partnership strategy which sets a framework for securing and managing partnerships with high profile brands and delivers significant growth to TNL
- To identify specific long term strategic partnerships that deliver competitive advantage to TNL, ultimately delivering best in class activity which deliver casual sales, subscription acquisition and customer retention objectives.
- Managing existing strategic partnerships (e.g Merlin, Nespresso, National Trust, National Geographic) and identifying, contracting and delivering new partners to help deliver brand, subscriptions and retail sales goals on behalf of TNL.
- Work with the Head of Print Sales to identify and deliver a roadmap of tactical promotional offers to drive casual sales.
- Work with Head of Subscriptions to identify and deliver partner led acquisition incentives that are on brand, deliver significant results and run to a low CPA.
- Managing and delivering an events strategy for partnerships that delivers incremental revenue to TNL while delivering on diverse business objectives.
- To ensure that all partnerships are on brand, excel in customer experience - seeking to consistently over satisfy and delight our customers.
- To lead contract negotiations with key TNL brand partners.
- To deliver appropriate on-going and tactical value to loyalty programmes, which improve retention and maximise revenues from current subscribers.
- Lead and drive a team culture in which innovative mechanics and partnerships that challenge convention are sought, delivering step changes in the offerings to our customers and the way in which we view promotional value
- To work with our other News Corporation companies to think beyond our titles’ brands, to build sustainable strategic alliances.
- Through effective communication and collaboration with colleagues in Commercial and Editorial, ensure their full engagement with the partnership strategy and ensure that it is fully integrated across the business.
- To oversee the management of external agencies and suppliers in key deliverables of the partnership strategy, ensuring that The Times and Sunday Times is regarded consistently as a valuable and trusted partner to work with.
- Lead the management of the partnership budget, delivering results in line with agreed parameters at all times.
- Improve performance of function / department through the analysis of existing business processes, identifying innovative alternatives and recommendations for more effective or efficient ‘ways of working’ / product / service
- Build the capability and capacity of individuals and team within the function / department through insight, constructive feedback and challenge to enable team effectiveness, ensure consistency with NUK / Marketing values and behaviours, and to drive business performance.
- Oversee the development of processes to evaluate Brand Partnership activity, and share learning across the department and organisation and communicate a strong understanding of the value of the activity to the business.
Useful knowledge, skills and experience
- Demonstrable experience of developing and delivering brand partnerships and promotional activity – ideally within the media category. Minimum 2-3 years experience within this discipline or within previous roles.
- Experience of identifying and delivering strategic partnerships that deliver value through multiple channels
- Demonstrate a planned strategic approach to partnerships alongside an ability to execute these at high speed and best in class.
- Display thought leadership, innovation and best practice in partnerships
- Collaborative team player – able to demonstrate working with teams across the business to deliver valuable partnerships and integrated plans in line with overall marketing strategies
- Effective communicator, with great listening, influencing and persuading skills
- Able to see the bigger picture and think of new and better ways to achieve end goals.
- Positive, enthusiastic and open to ideas. Ability to lift the team with their optimistic can-do attitude.
- Ability to influence and present to senior editorial and marketing stakeholders.
- Proven experience of managing complex stakeholder environments.
- Ability to delegate and maintain high standards of delivery and execution.
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.