Where do I work?
News UK – TNL Marketing
Who’s my manager?
Head of Product and Audience Marketing
What’s my personal contribution?
To support the Head of Product Marketing and Audience Development to achieve revenue and margin targets for The Times and The Sunday Times by designing and delivering pricing, propositions and offers that will appeal to prospective audiences.
Work with Tech and Product Development to ensure that new platforms (e.g. website and apps) are developed with target audiences in mind in order to maximise sales and retention opportunities.
In addition, work with Editorial, Sales, Commercial and Business Intelligence to define and grow audiences that are most likely to purchase Times products.
What are my Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Supporting the design and delivery of products, pricing and propositions that appeal to prospective audiences in the UK and overseas. Using analytics to define audiences that will deliver growth and profitability targets.
- Working with the Audience Insight and Experience (AIE) team to clearly identify target audiences and their needs, and understanding how Times Newspapers Limited are best placed to meet them through existing or new products and services.
- Working with Sales, Retention and Legal to ensure all products, contracts and T&Cs for new propositions are compliant to legal and best practice standards.
- Briefing Tech on new propositions that need to be built into salesforce and working with them to ensure that they are built as required and fully tested before launch. Engaging the Sales and Retention teams as part of that process.
- Working closely with the Head of Product Marketing and Audience Development, Audience Marketing Manager, Technology, Marketing Communications teams, AIE team and agencies to deliver and optimise the audience development strategy for single copy sales, subscriptions acquisition and commercial advertising sales.
- Supporting the Head of Product Marketing and Audience Development, Audience Marketing Manager, Marketing Communications and Editorial teams to build new audiences in key interest areas including Travel, Food, Lifestyle and Property.
- Analysing and reviewing the impact of activity against target and providing real-time and summary insights into audience performance on an on-going basis
Useful knowledge, skills and experience
- Passion for understanding consumer behaviour and developing products, propositions and services that match their needs.
- Highly developed Excel, numeracy skills and analytical skills.
- Experience in product marketing, ideally including pricing and propositions development.
- Knowledge of the newspaper sector and /or from within a subscriptions business.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills, which can be applied to manage stakeholders across News UK.
- Strong project management skills.
- Understanding of tools and techniques used in marketing and audience development.
- Working understanding of SEO, SEM, social and video for growing and engaging digital audiences.
- Experience managing content creation, including video.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight timescales.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to get things done quickly, turning insight into action, to high standards of quality.
- Proven experience of managing performance of 3rd party sales channels.
- Good at working as part of cross-functional team and proven experience of managing complex stakeholder environments.
- Innovative thinking and ability to challenge accepted norms
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.