Job Title: Accounts Payable Clerk
Primary responsibilities are the processing of both PO and Non PO Invoices.
Duties will include input and status change of invoices and credit notes, and managing two mailboxes. Checking the weekly and monthly payment proposals, preparing urgent payments and managing high volume of internal and external telephone calls. Other duties to include the creation of shopping carts, posting of goods receipts and updating of the blocked invoice report.
Input both PO and Non PO invoices
- Input Purchase Order invoices daily
- Input manual invoices daily
- Input foreign invoices on CAS daily
- Receive internal and external calls and manage accordingly
- Check supplier account number on SAP and apply to document
- If the document is over a month old check for duplication
Status Change Documents
- Apply coding to documents on SAP returned from authorisation
- Ensure document is on the correct supplier account and VAT is correct
- Match invoices over 10k to proposal ensuring invoice is on the correct account
- Update the blocked invoice report
- Action goods receipts as and when required
- Provide cover for a colleague as and when required
Knowledge of SAP
Wide understanding of Accounts Payable Practices and procedures
Strong Excel skills
Ability to work individually or as part of a team
Excellent communication skills
Flexible and Adaptable
Confidence when dealing with Suppliers
Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills
Ability to manage workload to strict deadlines
Maintain a responsive and supportive stance to company training initiatives. Attend training as required to perform duties
This a fantastic opportunity to join a high performance team and grow your career in a supportive and nurturing environment - apply now!
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.