Digital Motors Editor – The Sun
The Sun's digital team is growing, and we want the most talented and committed digital journalists to join us.
We are looking for a Motors Editor to head up our online offering. The role starts as standalone but may later develop into a team.
The successful candidate will:
- Have proven experience creating popular digital motors content.
- Generate a daily list of quality editorial ideas which will get strong, engaged traffic for thesun.co.uk and across our social platforms.
- Have the necessary drive and journalistic skills to execute those ideas and turn them into great copy which readers will enjoy.
- Have awareness of and passion for the commercial opportunities in digital Motors content – and ideally have strong contacts in this world.
- Have experience of using analytics to drive greater and greater traffic by learning what works best.
- Keep on top of motors trends and spot emerging trends to best enhance your contribution.
- Have excellent writing skills, honed through previous experience.
- Have a strong news sense and be able to respond to the big stories of the day with a spin unique to your specialism.
- Have a thorough knowledge of the IPSO Code of Conduct, media law and ethical considerations.
- Being a self-starter is key – and you will need to thrive under the pressure of a busy newsroom.
- Willingness to work flexible hours over a seven-day rota pattern.
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world's most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.